We only offer this course with our partner centre in Malta. By special arrangement we can offer this course in Britain - please contact us for details..........
We only offer this course with our partner centre in Malta.
By special arrangement we can offer this course in Britain - please contact us for details..........
- Be a PADI Divemaster or qualifying certification from another certification organization
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have 60 logged dives, including night, deep, and navigation dives
- Have been a certified diver for at least 6 months
- Have CPR and First Aid Training within the last 24 months
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a physician within the last 12 months
The Learning Materials You Need
The PADI IDC crewpak includes all the materials needed to prepare for a PADI Assistant Instructor or Open Water Scuba Instructor course. The 23-item pack includes:
- Instructor cue cards for PADI’s core courses (OW, AOW, Rescue and Divemaster)
- IDC Candidate Workbook and related reference materials,
- Lesson planning slates for confined and open water
- Quiz and exam booklets for the core courses
- Specialty outlines for Project AWARE
- PADI Instructor Manual.
You build upon your abilities to organize and supervise scuba diving activities, while concentrating on developing teaching skills. You learn through:
- Knowledge development through self-study, quizzes, lectures and presentations
- Confined water skill review and assessment, workshops and presentations
- Open water workshops, rescue assessment and candidate presentations
The PADI Assistant Instructor Course consists of these sections:
- Module 1: Academic Training
· PADI Discover Scuba Diving and Snorkeling Programs
· Developing Knowledge Development Presentations
· Teaching Project AWARE and Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialties
· Teaching in Confined Water
· Conducting Open Water Training Presentations
- Module 2: Independent Study
· Knowledge Development
- Module 3: Practical Application
· Confined Water and Open Water Teaching Presentations
· Standards Exam
· Dive Rescue Skills Assessment
What You Can Teach
In addition to the responsibilities and duties you already have as a PADI Divemaster, as a PADI Assistant Instructor you can:
- Teach academic presentations under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- During confined water dives, present initial skills training under the direct
- supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Evaluate Open Water Diver surface skills under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Teach and certify PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Divers under the direction of a PADI Instructor
- Teach Project AWARE Specialty courses
- Teach the AWARE Coral Reef Conservation specialty course
- Conduct PADI Discover Scuba Diving experiences in a pool or confined water
- Conduct PADI Seal Team AquaMissions
- Teach PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty courses under the direction of a PADI Instructor after earning the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating
In Colder Waters...
As we conduct our courses in both warm and cold waters.....
Please be aware that in colder waters i.e. Scotland (and Britain as a whole), it is recommended to dive wearing a drysuit (with a thermal undersuit).
We can include the Drysuit Specialty with any other course at a discounted price.